The Ontario Waterpower Association (OWA) would like to invite you to be a waterpower champion and to get involved in supporting community waterpower. Waterpower is the original community power – embedded in dozens of villages, towns, Indigenous communities and cities across Ontario.
Your community may be an existing waterpower champion, may want to learn about potential opportunities or may just want to be informed. Wherever your community is, anyone can be a waterpower champion.
Beyond supporting community waterpower projects, below highlights the many ways you can be a waterpower champion:
1. Councils – Sign the Ontario Waterpower Champions Charter
2. Celebrate Waterpower Day – June 20th – Sign a Proclamation for Waterpower Day
3. Connect with OWA
- Sign Up for the OWA E-Newsletter HERE
- Follow, Connect and Share OWA on Social Media
4. Use OWA as your resource for waterpower information and questions
- Read and use the free Community Guide for Waterpower Champions
5. Take Action – Write a letter to your local representatives in support of waterpower